Thursday, December 27, 2007

Shopping and Eating Out Day

I was feeling a bit lazy yesterday. The initial plan was to meet up with Hussen, shoot some hoops at his place and then clean up the apartment with gafiL which is long overdue. However, I was feeling a bit tired from the X-mas basketball session and the round trip journey afterwards visiting my sister in Port Dickson and woke up a bit late.

So I decided then to take advantage of the X-mas sale that's going on around town. The day started with accompanying gafiL to her office to run some errands and then we decided to have a late breakfast at Piri-Piri Cafe near the place we used to stay in Mutiara Damansara. Afterwards, around noon, we headed to OU for some shopping. I'm the rational one so as usual gafiL's the one who's doing bulk of the shopping. As we were walking around OU we stumbled into this


It's been a while since I last had Car's Jr burger and I'm not even aware that they have outlets here. So I decided to drag gafiL for some "real" burgers and ordered the Double Western combo set. The set costs me RM24 but heck, it's huge and that's the most important thing for me heh :)

The meal was truly satisfying and I wish I can have more but at RM24/set, I'll save it for another day.

The shopping continues (well it's more like "gafiL then continues shopping") and later I decided to take up Hazyr's recommendation and get the Alien vs Predator limited edition donuts at Big Apple.

The donuts were yummy and they definitely got my thumbs up but I'm still reserving my two thumbs up for Krispe Kreme donuts (I really wish they would open their outlets here). By the time I'm finished, it's almost 6.30pm and I'm still empty handed, can't seem to find anything that I like at OU.

Rather than going home, we decided to continue shopping at Jusco in Taman Maluri and I finally got a new pair of running shoes for myself. It was hard work trying to find a size 13 shoe on sale but luck was on my side and they have a pair of Brooks running shoes going for 50% off which I snapped up right away. Had dinner @ McDonald's and then we called it a day.

So there you go, a full day of shopping and eating out at fast food outlets and all I got was a new pair of shoes and some extra fat in the belly :)

4 comments:

Bakawali said...

Aha...still got Carl's Jr in Malaysia?? I cannot even recall the menu...

Next time back in KL... I know what to eat

najibest said...

Bakawali,

As a matter of fact, I already found 2 Carl's Jr here..another 1 in Midvalley Megamall :) ..

Let's go and eat @ Carl's Jr sometimes when you're back in KL

Anonymous said...

Oi! I want too! The last time I was at 1U I saw Carl's Jr only after having had assam laksa at the Laksa Shack with someone.

It's been an eon since I've had Carl Jr's succulent and juicy burgers.

Hazyr said...

Eh, how come your Alien vs Predator doughnut looked different from the ones that I bought?

Big Apple really need to ISO-nise their products! ;)