Sunday, December 16, 2007

basketball



in my life i've only played basketball competitively in 2 ocassions

1. the mid-west games back in 2004 (despite only 2 Longhorns in the team we still call it Longhorns)
2. the east coast region inter company games 2006 playing for EXPRO

back in school, i never got the chance to play competitive basketball as nobody seems interested in playing basketball and the fact that i live and went to school in a state where basketball is almost non-existent didn't help either...so back then i had to resort to playing volleyball as actually i don't know how to play soccer...

anyway, fast forward to today..i've only started to play basketball again late last month (the 1st time since june 06) with Judd organizing a weekly basketball game (normally on Sunday and everybody's welcome to join)in Setiawangsa..currently around 20kg overweight, i can barely jump and run and no longer can i play long minutes..the game with Ardy and co. today really exposed my extremely unfit condition and i don't feel good about it..

i guess it's time for me to really focus on getting my fitness back (I'll take Ardy's advise about starting to run again) and get back in shape hopefully in time for next year's inter-company games, that is if i'm still needed at that time :) wish me luck...

6 comments:

Bakawali said...

Bro, start running today. Don't be like me procrastinate everyday... have my running shoes but haven't started running

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Join me on my daily self-torture. 40 minutes at 7-8 kmh...do that 3 times, leg press 45kg 10 per set 5 reps, tricep curls at 40kgs, biceps at 40kgs each sets of 10 with 5 repetitions.

After that whack a tall glass of detox so you will dump shit like mad, while having a tuna sandwich.

Even the trainers think I'm crazy.

najibest said...

bakawali: my main problem is motivation and the fact that i don't have a running partner :(.. i'll try my best to keep my motivation high and start running as soon as my knee feels good again..right now will resort to swimming

SD: sounds good, can i join u heh :)

ardy said...

You have the size, and the height for a basketball player. Your shooting sucks, and you need to work on your dribble. But you can jump, and grab rebounds, and post-up pretty decently. Fitnesswise can be improved by consistently running.

Get your wife to run with you, then both of you will be in great shape, and believe me, it will improve other areas too.

When you're ready, I'll invite you to my weekdays games ;)

najibest said...

Ardy,

thanks 4 the frank comments, i'll take it up as a challenge and try hard to improve my game :) hopefully we'll have more weekend games after this

"Get your wife to run with you, then both of you will be in great shape, and believe me, it will improve other areas too"

i do know benefits and trying hard for it bro :)

Anonymous said...

Worse come to worse, you still have your middle fingers LOL!