Monday, December 31, 2007

Longhorns @ TGIF

It's been quite a while since us Longhorns gather outside KLCC (well to be fair, all of us do work at the same place), the last time being the "Buka Puasa" session @ Hussen's place, so yesterday we decided for a change

In conjunction with Nurhi coming back from Veitnam for the holidays, we decided to have lunch somewhere not around KLCC and the place chosen was TGI Fridays at OU. Turn out was OK as most attended except for Yus and Bapak. We were suppose to meet at 12pm there but I only left the apartment around 11.55am as I waited for gafiL to finish up some work that she need to submit this week. Around 12.05pm, I got an SMS from Nizar saying that he's already there (well he live closest to OU anyway these days since I moved out of Mutiara Damansara) and a few minutes later I got SMS from Nurhi saying that she's already there too. I told them both to meet with each other and wait for me at Parkson

Around 12.15pm Hussen called but I told gafiL to answer and around 12.25pm as I reached TTDI, Nizar SMS'ed me again saying that they're all there and gonna go to TGI without waiting for me. Traffic was fine outside OU and I thought that finding a parking would be a breeze. Unfortunately I was so wrong and it took me almost 20 minutes trying to get a parking spot. I finally reached TGIF around 1pm and they already finished the 1st part of their 3 course meal by the time I got there


I ordered the Chicken Mozzarella Quesadillas but the serving size was too small and I wished I had ordered the 1lbs burger instead. But anyhow, it's still good food and got my thumbs up. In comparison to Chili's, all of us do felt that the food at Chili's are a bit better so maybe next time we'll eat at Chili's :). I tried to temp Nizar and Hussen into trying some Carl's Jr burger but both are too full already by the time we finished eating

We ate and chatted until around 3pm and then everybody went their own ways. Nizar and I had plan initially to play bowling but I can't do much with a sprained ankle and sore wrist from last saturday's fall. gafiL helped me buy an ankle support sleeve, and it costs me RM40!, and then we went home

So that's it for our final Longhorns eating out day for 2007 as nobody's working today except for me and Nizar (should've taken a leave today as the road would be rather busy with the closure for the new year's party and all). I'm currently making plans for 2008 Longhorns holiday and I'm hoping it would be a blast just like this year's Redang trip and hopefully more would join this year so that it would be just like the old days...

Happy New Year guys and hopefully 2008 would be a better year for all :)

3 comments:

Asrif Yusoff said...

Sure kau melantak cam haram kan mate..?

najibest said...

sucks ah ko mate, PD amacam?

Anonymous said...

Happy new year bro