Monday, March 03, 2008

Catchy Phrase, Crappy Service

After breakfast, I decided to deposit some money into the bank with the Yellow Tiger Logo for car installment payments etc. Yes I can do inter-bank transfer but why wait 3 days for the transfer to complete when the bank is just on the way back from breakfast. As soon as I reached the bank, I noticed a long line (mind you it's only about 9am+ and the bank had just opened) and found out that only 1 out of 3 cash deposit machine is working. After around 15 minutes of waiting, it was my turn and I noticed the greeting message on the machine. It reads:

"Stop the queue! Use XXXbank Cash Deposit Machine"

Frankly speaking, this is not the 1st time I encountered the same -Cash Deposit Machine out of service- problem. For a bank located at KLCC where thousands of people work, I do think that they should have keep their machines in working order all the time. So far, there's rarely an occasion where all the cash deposit machines are working at the same time. What's the point of having multiple machines when like 70% if the time, only 1 machine works.

I guess maybe so many people are using the machines that it get full quickly. But hey, if you know that's the case, why on earth do you have only 3 machines? I know the other bank nearby have like 5+1 machines and most of the time all are in working order.

I think if they're going to keep it this way, they would be better of with a greeting message like this one:

"Stay in the queue! Use the XXXbank cash deposit machine and don't bother coming to the counter as we'll charge you 50 cent"

Anybody else having the same experience?

No comments: