Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Upgrading Yellow Tiger

I've been continuously upgrading my Yellow Tiger since I bought it in November. Here's the list of parts that have been upgraded:

1. Stem - Kalloy to used Jamis stem
2. Seatpost - Kalloy to used Scott seatpost
3. Shifter - Shimano Revo Shift 6 Speed to SRAM X7 9 Speed
4. Rear Dearailleur - Shimano TY 18 6 Speed to SRAM X7 9 Speed 
5. Cassette - No brand 6 Speed to Shimano 9 Speed
6. Chain - No brand to Shimano HG compatible 9 Speed chain
7. Hubs - No brand hubs to Shimano 9 Speed rear hub and Scott components front hub (both disc compatible)
8. Rear Rim and Tire - No brand to Mavic X138 V Brake compatible rim with Kenda tire

The list ends there for the time being but I can foresee more upgrade coming soon. My wish list would be as follows:

1. Front rim and tire - Mavic X138 and Kenda tire
2. Seat - Selle Royal
3. Front derailleur - Shimano Deore/LX or SRAM X7
4. Crankset - Truvativ Stylo
5. Fork - RockShox Tora

When would I be upgrading to these components? Only time would tell (and not to mention how gafiL would react to me spending tons of money of my bike hehehe)...

1 comment:

syakir said...

assalamualaikum bro Najib i enjoy going thru ur facebook.what that matters me now is my 12 yr old boy is anxiuos to get a bike for himself.so i just giving him courage instead of being interested in REMPIT.u know how thins are now.actually do you really find T-Blaze is that good.in terms of price yes i really agreed but among riders this brand is somesort weard to them.But on the second thougt Malaysian especially Malays are more branded concius.If possible can u give me ur nomb to cont. by the way i'm Mohd noor fr slim River,Pk.
By for now......wasssalam.